Salary: Competitive + Bonus
Position: Full time/Temporary (1 year minimum)
GE Consulting are looking for an experienced ecologist to join our vibrant team on a one-year contract. Whilst the position is being offered on a temporary basis to cover the absence of a senior member of our team, there is a real chance of the role being made permanent should the company continue to thrive, which it has done with double digit growth in every one of the last 8 years.
GE is a mid-sized, privately owned consultancy (Ecology, Arb & Land Management) with an excellent reputation based on the edge of Dartmoor just outside of Exeter. Working for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales, we are big enough to work on major projects (1000+ unit residential schemes, 1000-acre renewables sites, national utilities contract) yet small enough to feel like you’re part of a close-knit team and not a small cog in a huge international organization. We are a company that puts its staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a love of wildlife is shared across a team of like-minded people. Benefits include, a strong CPD focus/budget, paid CIEEM membership, additional holidays over Christmas and for your birthday, pension, charity volunteering, flexible working hours and lunchtime pilates classes! An ideal starting date would be midsummer 2021 but a starting date is flexible as long as the position has commenced by September 2021.
The individual we are seeking will already be well versed in a range of field surveys, project management, design input, report writing and client advice having already demonstrated they can work at a senior level in consultancy. This is a role where experience can be gained in line management, business development as well as other functions involved in running a business should the individual is interested.
Essential skills and experience
- Already working at Senior Ecologist level as a minimum
- Be a full member of CIEEM (MCIEEM) or capable of applying to that level on appointment
- Reliable with strong time management
- Strong report writing skills with experience of producing various types of reports (including HRA & ES chapters)
- A full range of survey skills including Phase 1 and various protected species
- Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system with confidence to provide technical advice to
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- Full driving license & car
- Already be operating at Principal level or above
- Experience of submitting ESPL applications
- QGIS skills
- Experience using the BNG Metric
GE Consulting are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Full equality & diversity policy available on request.
Apply to email@example.com