Salary: Competitive depends on experience
Position: Full time/Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Ecologist to join a fast-growing consultancy in a new office location from nearly the start!
GE Consulting are a well establish consultancy providing ecology, arboriculture and land management services to a wide range of clients across the south of England and Wales. With more and more of our regular clients looking to use our services further north than our current head office in Exeter we have decided to open a second office in Bristol. One of our established Directors (Richard Pash) has already moved to Bristol to start this next phase in the company’s growth and we are looking for an experienced Ecologist or Senior Ecologist to start work with him as soon as possible.
The initial plan will be for two days a week in a shared office space with three days working from home. At some point in the next 12 months a dedicated office will be opened but flexible home working options retained.
Despite being a new location there is no risk to job security as we already have lots of new projects in the area and a steady overflow of work from the team in Devon! We expect this office to grow quickly over the next year or so meaning this is a chance to help shape a team from the start.
Essential skills and experience
- At least three years consultancy experience (not just ECoW but writing reports and project management)
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and client liaison
- Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system leading to confidence in providing technical advice to clients.
- Full range of survey skills including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species surveys
- Experience with using the DEFRA BNG metrics
- Be a member of CIEEM
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- The ability to work in a team or for longer periods of time alone
- Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
- Full driving license
Desirable skills and experience
- A Class 2 bat licence
- A full membership with CIEEM
- Experience of writing ES chapters and or HRA’s
- Experience of writing EPSL applications, preferably held in your name
- QGIS skills
Salary and benefits
- A salary to match your grade and experience
- A fun and friendly non-corporate working environment
- A bonus linked to overall company performance
- Plenty of CPD opportunities
- Paid leave to volunteer for a charity
- Company socials
- Your birthday off work
- Contributory pension scheme
- All TOIL given back across the year
- Flexible home working options and hours of work
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Paid professional membership
GE are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Full equality & diversity policy available on request.
Apply to: email@example.com
Closing date: When we find someone good!