Are you an experienced ecologist looking for the next step up in your career? Are you looking to increase your exposure to complex and rewarding projects? Do you want to join an established consultancy practice who pride themselves in offering a great place to work? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage everyone at all levels to be fully involved so they can really make a difference, not just for FPCR, but importantly for you and your enjoyment in coming to work.
- Degree level or equivalent academic qualification in Ecology or related field;
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or other similar;
- A minimum of 5-years relevant experience with a level of people management experience, having already developed your core field and reporting skills in consultancy role;
- Good knowledge of best practice survey techniques, relevant wildlife legislation and protected species licensing;
- A competent understanding of ecology and wildlife protection in the context of the UK planning system;
- Specialist knowledge in a particular field of ecology (such as botanical survey or bats) and a class licence for one or more protected species;
- Demonstrable experience in complex report writing, inclusive but not limited to Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) reports, Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Shadow/Informative Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) documents, Species and Habitat Management Plans;
- Prior involvement either as a named ecologist or accredited agent on protected species development (derogation) licences;
- A level of competency in Microsoft Office software and preferably (although not essential) some knowledge of GIS packages.
- Excellent communication skills; and
- A full, clean UK driving licence and access to vehicle.