ERM is seeking a full time Principal / Senior Consultant Ecologist to join their UK biodiversity team.
The primary tasks will be to support the busy HS2 phase 2b ecology executive team in the delivery of surveys and production of the ES. This will require reviewing and preparing the ES to the high standard required to support a parliamentary bill, supporting species teams collecting, collating and analyzing data, and providing support and guidance to author producing the impact assessment and mitigation chapters. The role will also include dealing with the many and varied tasks that arise in the day to day management including but not confined to managing forecasting and budgets, responding to sifts and engineering design changes, responding directly to client requests, inputting into senior management meetings, and representing ecology at key meetings.
There are opportunities to support ERM’s wider work both within the UK and internationally, including HRA and working with IFC/EBRD projects.
- Support HS2 Phase 2b ecology team;
- Help manage all aspects of HS2 Phase 2b ES and survey delivery;
- Undertake reviews of HS2 Phase 2b ES elements and support teams producing the ES;
- Represent the ecology team on HS2 Phase 2b in meetings with the wider Arup+ organization, the client and Ecology Oversight Consultant (EOC);
- Lead and manage ERM’s biodiversity survey teams on projects.
- Supervise and coach junior team members;
- Oversee project work by sub-consultants (on-site and reporting);
- Draft technical assessments for EIA/ESIAs and inputs to Environmental Management Plans;
- Support on Due Diligence (DD) work for financial lenders;
- Daily interactions with the Project / Proposal PM teams, other technical specialists and clients as necessary;
- Previous experience as an expert witness (PC Level), or willingness to do so (SC level);
- Support Business Development (BD) efforts, including generating opportunities, contributing to proposals etc;
- Work with other PC/SCs and Technical Directors to facilitate the running of the Biodiversity Team;
- Project management of large scale projects;
- Excellent reviewing, writing and communication skills;
- Wide and deep knowledge of ecology;
- Delivery of major ES;
- Demonstrable experience of leading biodiversity surveys and undertaking technical work for EIAs / DDs in UK and overseas;
- EPS licence for one, or more, species;
- Health and safety experience (eg health and safety plans, risk assessments, reporting incidents / corrective actions beneficial);
- Able to communicate well with clients, stakeholders and other team members;
- Ability to travel as needed including overseas;
- Business Development experience.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- University degree holder in a relevant field.