Harmil Environmental is an independent, multi‑disciplinary environmental consultancy. Our team of consultants offer expertise in areas such as ecology, acoustics, flood risk, air quality as well as others and we ensure that the professional advice that we give to our clients remains clear, concise and compliant with the relevant legislation.
Our team of experts have extensive experience and a reputation for delivering quality, flexibility and value to the benefit of the clients that we work with in both the private and public sector across the UK. Our aim is to work closely with our clients to ensure projects run smoothly and efficiently and, if possible, without any delays.
As part of our initial expansion plans, our new office is located at Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire. This office has excellent road links to enable the team to commute across the southern portion of the UK. However, for the right candidate, the option to work from home can be discussed.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary that offers a flexible working policy, holiday pay and pension scheme.
The ideal candidate will fulfil a variety of criteria.
- A full UK Driving Licence
- A minimum of a BSc degree in ecology, conservation, natural sciences or a relevant subject at 2:1 or higher.
- Previous relevant professional experience in the ecological sector
- Hold at least 2 protected species survey licences
- Be a member of CIEEM or a relevant professional body of at least Associate level (or equivalent).
- The ability to work in a team and on their own
- Good communication skills
- Experience in writing reports to a high standard
- Knowledge of solving ecological constraints
- Project management knowledge
- A knowledge of the relevant legislation and policies
- Good client liaison skills
- The ability to apply for mitigation/development licences
- Experience in mentoring and developing younger or more inexperienced members of staff
- Experience of Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW)
- Experience of working with GIS Software
- First Aid trained
- Any other relevant qualifications (e.g. CSCS, CSJK etc.)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter (no less than one side of A4) outlining why you are interested in the role and why you feel you are the right candidate to the Careers Team at email@example.com by 1st March 2021. Interviews will be undertaken in readiness for the applicant to start in March/April on a full-time basis.