Wardell Armstrong LLP is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices across the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people.
Our Ecology teams across all our UK offices are growing at a rapid rate and as a result we are looking to recruit Ecologists for our offices in Stoke, Leeds and Bolton with extensive site based work and remote working as required.
The Senior, Principal positions will include (therefore previous experience is expected of the following):
- Management of ecological projects from inception to post-construction.
- Formulating and leading ecological surveys including for protected species and of freshwater/terrestrial habitats.
- Preparation of Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, protected species reports, Habitat Regulations Assessments, Biodiversity Impact Assessments and BREEAM reports and provision of ecological advice to clients and colleagues.
- Maintaining and promoting high quality client relationships.
- Designing mitigation schemes including licence applications for protected species.
- Assisting with the preparation of tenders and compiling fee quotations.
Our Director posts will involve management, training and mentoring of junior staff and candidates will be expected to have experience of this along with Protected Species licences and the following:
- Taking responsibility for managing ecological projects including staff allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, management of commercial aspects of projects, quality assurance, maintaining and improving quality of reporting, addressing any client feedback and ensuring effective communications on all projects.
- Producing and overseeing the production of ecological appraisals, reports, licence applications, Ecological Impact Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments, EPS licences and other similar documents.
- Carrying out ecological surveys, where necessary, and checking that surveys are being carried out to the required standards by all staff.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tenders, including contribution to multi-disciplinary bids/proposals as required.
All candidates should have:
- A minimum qualification of a BSc (Hons) in Ecology, or similar accredited course.
- An adaptable and flexible approach to work, to meet demands at peak times. As the role is likely to involve occasional longer and / or unsociable hours, a willingness to undertake travel to sites within the UK, sometimes staying overnight.
- A protected species licence would be a distinct advantage, particularly for bats and/or great crested newt.
- Full member of CIEEM or capable of meeting this status.
- A full UK driving licence and own vehicle.
- Flexible home working
- Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription.
- 24 days annual leave per year.
- Membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Critical Illness Cover Policy.
- Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy, insuring you 3 times your annual salary.
- Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
- Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
- Long service awards.
- Travel Loans
- Cycle to wor scheme
- Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Please apply via our website https://www.wardell-armstrong.com/careers/ or for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org