AECOM is seeking an experience Marine Ecologist to expand and strengthen the existing marine ecology team in any of our UK offices.
Our UK Ecology Team comprises over 160 ecologists including marine and freshwater ecologists across the UK. Our marine projects include high profile power and infrastructure schemes, oil and gas developments as well as other industrial and commercial projects. You’ll join a highly technical team working on a really diverse range of UK and international projects. To help develop the team’s skillset you will have demonstrable consultancy experience. We provide our clients with the full range of ecological services including ecological impact assessment, habitat and species surveys, advice on biodiversity mitigation, offsetting and enhancement and IFC compliance.
As one of the largest international environmental consultancies AECOM offers the opportunity to work on high profile, challenging and innovative projects in the UK and overseas. There may also be the potential to work overseas on occasion.
The appointee would undertake the following tasks as part of their role:
- Literature reviews to support ecological reporting;
- Undertaking the analysis, evaluation, interpretation and presentation of ecological data;
- Production of Environmental Statement (ES) chapters and other ecological assessments such as HRA, WFD and MCZ;
- Assisting in the winning, delivery and management of ecological/EIA projects;
- Work and liaise with other environmental professionals across a number of different disciplines including coastal processes, underwater acoustics and EIA teams;
- Develop survey scopes of work and undertake surveys as required;
- Liaise with clients, project managers and other project stakeholders including statutory bodies;
- Input to fee proposals, contribution to marketing and business development; and
- Assisting with managing the technical and financial performance of ecological projects to meet budgets and deadlines.
- A recognized degree in marine biology/ecology or a closely related biological science
- Previous marine ecology consultancy experience
- Marine & coastal project experience;
- Ability to work closely with other ecologists and other environmental professionals across a number of different disciplines;
- Be able to communicate at all levels;
- A willingness to undertake fieldwork on occasion;
- Be a self-starter with excellent time management skills and motivation to work on own initiative though the right candidate will enjoy a close working relationship with marine ecology and other colleagues; and
- Positive engagement with Health and Safety issues associated with working in, on & near water.
- IT literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft office software systems;
- Knowledge of marine survey design and techniques;
- Experience of Environmental Impact Assessments and related assessments (HRA, WFD, MCZ)
- Licensed to drive a vehicle in the UK.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 217261BR
Additional Locations UK – Basingstoke, UK – Cardiff, UK – Croydon – Bedford Park, UK – Edinburgh – Apex, UK – Edinburgh – Tanfield, UK – Glasgow – 120 Bothwell Street, UK – Nottingham Regan Way
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.