We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Forestry Consultant to join the consultancy team at Maydencroft Limited. We are a small, close-knit group of ecological, Arboricultural, landscape and forestry consultants working as an integral part of a larger organisation which includes arborists, foresters, estate managers, grounds and landscape operatives and farmers.
We are looking to appoint an ambitious professional who can help us to offer unparalleled ecological expertise and services to our existing high-profile clients within the commercial, public, private, utility and charity sectors, and to assist us in growing and developing the company to ever greater heights.
At Maydencroft we greatly value professional integrity, a dedicated yet flexible work ethic, and impeccable standards of quality.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and woodlands;
- Undertaking woodland assessments and producing FC approved Woodland Management Plans;
- Production of UKFS-compliant Woodland Creation Design Plans;
- Grant applications including EWCO and Countryside Stewardship;
- Ancient Woodland Restoration Assessment and Reports;
- FC National Forestry Inventory surveys;
- Managing sub-contractors and the delivery of forestry works;
- Working on a variety of projects with the broader consultancy team, including contribution to technical reports and Landscape Management Plans and carbon calculations;
- Regularly liaising with clients and colleagues and providing information and assistance as required;
- Forestry-related degree or equivalent
- Significant post-graduation consultancy experience
- Confident in writing Woodland Management Plans and producing funding applications;
- Excellent knowledge of trees, woodlands and habitats;
- Good understanding of the woodland carbon code;
- Ability to write clear, concise and professional reports;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent communication skills and English language skills;
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Experience with Continuous Cover Forestry;
- Associate or Full Member of an appropriate institute such as the Institute of Chartered Foresters;
- Lantra Professional Tree Inspection qualification;
- Familiar with Ancient Woodland Restoration and veteran tree management.
- Use of specialist software such as GIS and AutoCAD;
- Understanding of alternative carbon stores.
This is a full time, Monday-Friday position with annually increasing holiday entitlement, all PPE, IT equipment and the use of our fleet of vehicles available.
Great company benefits with a training budget, personalised development plan and excellent opportunities for promotion and progression.
The position has the option to be based from any one of our offices in Hitchin (Hertfordshire), Letchworth (Hertfordshire), Dorney (Berkshire) and Barnard Castle (County Durham), with the potential for remote working.