BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Consultant to be based in our Birmingham office.
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Job Location: – United Kingdom — England — West Midlands — West Midlands — Birmingham
Job Type: Permanent
Service line: Environmental Planning
About the role
Sitting within the Environment team in Birmingham, the successful applicant would be expected to lead or contribute to a wide range of Environmental Projects and Environmental Impact Assessments across multiple sectors, ranging from infrastructure to residential.
Your day to day work would involve supporting the EIA team across projects nationwide with global aspirations. The role provides the opportunity to take responsibility for projects including financial performance and commercial management to ensure they are delivered on time and on budget. The role will provide an opportunity for an individual to develop a broad range of environmental skills by managing services across the Environment Group.
Environmental Impact Assessment is a fast paced and challenging discipline with which you would have the opportunity to grow your expertise and specialise. We value innovation and encourage thinking ‘outside of the box’, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
Being part of the CAF Group, and working with their own engineering arm CAFTE, BWB also provide large scale international opportunities with environmental requirements from the procurement process, through to tender and award of contract, and ultimately the construction phase.
Working with skills to complement the CAFTE offering provides an excellent fit between the services and allows CAF to bid for global projects, offering the complete scope of engineering consultancy services, with environmental impacts being pivotal in such projects. Linear infrastructure projects in particular require a wide range of pre-planning services and environmental considerations.
About the team
The team has seen significant development in the last three years demonstrated by the breadth of projects and our involvement with a number of high profile schemes. If successful in the role you would be joining a growing and ambitious team with future opportunities for career progression and professional development including the chance to work on some international projects.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The successful applicant will ideally have at least 2-3 years relevant industry experience with demonstrable knowledge of EIA and a working knowledge of other environmental disciplines such as acoustics, air quality, ecology and heritage.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate good experience and working knowledge of the following areas of work:
- Experience in in EIA.
- Experience of project management of technical services with an understanding of the Town and Country planning process.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and Autocad packages would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and within budget with a strong focus on client care in project management and delivery.
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
- International experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme – providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity