This is a great opportunity to join our experienced and friendly Newcastle team, and one of the largest independent ecological consultancies in the UK.
You will have the chance to become involved in a variety of interesting, complex and high-profile projects for a wide-range of clients, and to develop your skills in all aspects of consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and training programme.
Our office, located in the centre of Newcastle in the attractive Quayside area, benefits from excellent road and public transport links.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave and private healthcare amongst others.
An Ideal Candidate Will Have
What we are looking for
- Previous relevant professional experience (a track record in ecological consultancy / in the ecology sector)
- A technical specialism and a bat and/or great crested newt scientific survey license.
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current wildlife legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication and a demonstrable track record in both
- Project management experience
- The ability to understand, identify and resolve ecological issues
- A genuine enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc or an MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence.
BSG Ecology was established in 1997, and is one of the largest independent ecological practices in the UK with a nationwide permanent staff of fifty, over six offices.
We are the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management Best Medium Consultancy of the Year for 2018. This prestigious award reflects our demonstrable track record on projects that deliver on biodiversity as well as commercially, our commitment to sharing learning and good practice, the structured professional development of our staff, and our promotion of high standards in the profession.
Our vision is to be the first choice ecology consultancy and to continue to build our success on rewarding and challenging work. Our focus is on helping our clients achieve their aims, as well as securing the best outcomes for the environment.
How To Apply
Please send a CV along with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role to Jennifer Taylor click apply by 31st January 2019. Interviews will be held week commencing 11th February 2019.