Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
We invest in our people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. We extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you’ll be doing
With an in-depth commercial understanding of the ecological calendar our team can advise on the surveys most appropriate for any development programme. Join us in providing pragmatic solutions to all ecological problems with a focus on economical and cost-effective solutions for Clients.
- Providing ecological services during all aspects of the development cycle;
- Delivering work sourced directly by BWB;
- Delivering a high-quality service to Clients, with cost-effective and innovative solutions to issues;
- Supporting our Clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required;
- Working collaboratively, inputting into projects across the BWB Offices;
- Mentoring and developing early career ecologists within the team; and
- Offering numerous opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration to provide a better service to our Clients.
What you’ll bring
- At least 5 years experience of working within ecological consultancy;
- Expertise in all aspects of ecological surveying and reporting;
- Protected species licence(s);
- The ability to hold species mitigation licence(s) including bats and great crested newts;
- Experience in BREEAM Ecology Assessments;
- An excellent knowledge of Biodiversity Net Gain and its application;
- A proven track record in the industry, with the ability to work with colleagues, Clients and regulatory bodies;
- Experience of working independently and managing own workload;
- Proven experience of delivering projects to time with no compromise on quality and within cost constraints;
- Skills and ability to work within and mentor high performing teams;
- Ornithological experience desirable;
- CIEEM Membership; and
- Full driving licence.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health
- Healthcare cash plan
- Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture
- Hybrid working
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Perkbox – Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work
- Paid volunteering days
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best – please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.