Are you an established Ecologist with a minimum of 3 years experience looking to make a positive career move working across a range of projects, in an inspiring and supportive place to work?
Atmos Consulting is a successful independent environmental and planning consultancy, that has been at the heart of the net-zero economy for fifteen years, supporting our clients to realise their project goals.
At Atmos, our team come to work knowing they are working for an organisation committed to growing and developing its people – a business that it is passionate about making a real difference to sustainable development, protecting the environment and enhancing the world we live in.
Due to ongoing growth and a strong pipeline of future work, we require a Senior Ecologist to join our highly respected team of ecologists in Inverness.
About this Job
As well as the opportunity to develop your role and skills that fit with your life and career ambitions. You will be working on a variety of critical projects supporting our clients in the low carbon economy to deliver renewable energy projects, nature-based solutions, biodiversity net gain advice, habitat and peatland restoration and nature conservation solutions.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will, in collaboration with ecology colleagues and other environmental disciplines, play a pivotal role in the delivery of Ecological of Clerk of Works (ECoW) and Ecological/ornithological surveys and reporting.
Your role will include:
- Scoping and Project Management of a range of small to large scale projects.
- Supporting clients, on site during construction phase of projects.
- Planning and managing ecological surveys using various survey methods.
- Negotiating with statutory agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Writing and authoring a wide range of technical reports, including Ecological Impact Assessment.
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and new clients.
- Preparation of tenders, and support business development activities.
- Mentoring of junior members of the Atmos Ecology Team.
- Operate, at all times, in accordance with the CIEEM Professional Code of Conduct.
Who are we looking for?
- A BSc or MSc in a relevant subject, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- A full member of CIEEM. Holding protected species survey licences together with experience of the protected species licensing process would be advantageous.
- Strong field experience with ambitions to develop your technical skills.
- Ability to work on site with contractors and client staff.
- Fully conversant with the framework of legislation and guidance within the UK with strong skills in habitat surveys and/or ECoW.
- Robust project management skills with the ability to plan and deliver works in line with budgets and programme deadlines.
- Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to advise clients and support junior staff.
- Health and Safety awareness, especially safe working practices and risk assessment related to ecology fieldwork.
- Full current driving licence.
What we offer
In addition to rewarding, you with a competitive salary and other standard benefits including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and pension schemes, Atmos offers:
- Annual discretionary company performance bonus scheme; Paid out in each of the last two years.
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including employee assistance programme, cycle to work & tax-free childcare scheme.
- A modern an, friendly and flexible work environment with real career progression opportunities, supported by our buddying and mentoring scheme.
- A fully supportive environment where you will be actively encouraged to be innovative and collaborative.
- An opportunity to work and lead on a wide variety of cutting-edge projects, addressing the big environmental challenges in the low-carbon economy and shaping the built environment for generations to come.
- Active support to expand your horizons and grow you career.
How To Apply
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com entitled “Application for Senior Ecologist”.
For an informal chat about this role please call Dr. Greg Fullarton on 01463 724500
We are proud to be an inclusive company. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.