SALARY – VERY COMPETITIVE (dependent on experience)
BENEFITS: Bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, CPD, CIEEM Membership
For the right candidate, we will consider part-time working arrangements.
TMA are seeking a Senior Ecologist to join our small but well-regarded, friendly and ambitious ecology team. We’re based in a lovely barn conversion in rural surroundings near Harlow. TMA has been awarded the Gold Standard by Investors in People, recognising the importance we place on supporting and developing our staff, as well as being a CIEEM Registered Practice. We’re also known for technical innovation and have developed our own ‘MyTrees’ ecology survey software to make surveying and reporting quicker and more effective (don’t worry, it’s easy to use and you’ll receive full training).
We are looking for ecologists capable of undertaking and managing a variety of assessments, surveys and mitigation and communicating effectively to clients. The successful candidates will enjoy a mix of site and office work that varies with the seasons. The majority of our work is in the London and Essex area, with some projects further afield. We’re not working on HS2!
Our typical ecology work includes Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Protected Species Surveys (particularly bats), Protected Species Mitigation Schemes, Ecological Enhancement Schemes, Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments and a wide range of other interesting ecological consultancy work. Our ecologists also benefit from collaborating and learning from our Arboricultural and Landscape consultants.
- Minimum four full years’ experience in ecological consultancy
- Bat Survey Licence (Level 2)
- Familiarity with Biodiversity Net Gain
- Strong skills in Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and Protected Species Surveys
- Good knowledge of British flora and fauna
- Understanding of wildlife legislation and the planning system
- Excellent report writing skills with attention to detail
- Full driving licence
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Specialist experience in assessing and reporting Biodiversity Net Gain
- Experience of successfully applying for and implementing European Protected Species Mitigation Licences
- Experience of BREEAM 2018 Ecology Assessments
- Any additional specialisms or skills you can bring to the team
- 25days holiday (plus bank holidays and Christmas shut down)
- 15 days extra Time Off in Lieu for ecological surveyors
- Profit-related bonus scheme
- Paid CIEEM membership
- We hold Investors in People Gold Standard
- We’re not working on HS2
- Working with a diverse, knowledgeable, and friendly team who will support and guide you
- Contributions to a government NEST pension
- Varied work supported by state-of-the-art technical software
- Great office location and environment
- Career development and excellent learning resources
- Good motorway access and mileage allowance
- Regular staff meetings and team-building events (restrictions permitting)
To register your interest, or for more details, please send an email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com