Founded in 1997, IKM Consulting Ltd is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of services across the UK and beyond with offices in Grangemouth. IKM’s focus is to deliver solutions and manage risk within the infrastructure, industrial and commercial sectors in the UK and overseas. IKM Consulting is proud of its close relationship with its clients and its portfolio of high-profile projects.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a talented Senior Ecologist with a proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation and biodiversity. This position provides an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to further their career and gain more experience in these specialist markets.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm.
General responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Understanding and production of Risk Assessments and Ecological Survey Method Statements.
- Plan, implement and manage ecological surveys and assessments.
- Site team management.
- Support in the preparation of fee proposals.
- Production of high-quality ecological reports and working method statements
- Protected species licence applications and Species Protection Plans.
- Ecological Clerk of Works / Site Supervision.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Managing projects and budgets.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A minimum of 5 or more years previous experience preferably in an environmental consultancy.
- Degree in Ecology or related subject.
- Considerable experience in protected species surveying, Phase 1 habitat surveying and ecological assessment.
- Experience in protected species licence applications.
- In-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, survey techniques, mitigation and an enthusiasm for keeping up to date with best practice and new technologies.
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Be a member of a relevant professional institution e.g. CIEEM
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Protected Species licence holder (Bat licence preferred).
- Experience with HRA, Biodiversity Net Gain.
- Rail network experience.
- GIS knowledge and experience
- Own car
IKM is an Investors in People business and is committed to continuous professional development. It offers:-
- Competitive salary
- Flexible office working arrangements
- Starting with 30 days paid holiday inclusive of national and public holidays, increasing with continuous service
- Flexible benefits package including option to buy additional holidays, private health care, life assurance and cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Professional fees paid
The role will require travel, overnight and/or out of hours work and may require working away from home.
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter (both of these are mandatory to be considered for the position) with details of your current and expected remuneration to:-
IKM Consulting Ltd, Park House, 39 Bo’ness Road, Grangemouth FK3 8AN or email to email@example.com