MacArthur Green require an enthusiastic Senior Ecologist, who shares our passion for the environment, to join our friendly team. The role will be based in our office in the west end of Glasgow, right on the banks of the River Kelvin.
MacArthur Green specialises in ecology, ornithology and peat services for a number of sectors, primarily focussing on renewable energy projects.
We work for some of the largest renewable developers, such as Vattenfall, ScottishPower Renewables, Scottish and Southern Energy Renewables, RES UK & Ireland and Brookfield, with projects onshore as well as offshore. We also work for The Crown Estate, the Scottish Government, Scottish Natural Heritage, Natural England and the UK Government. High profile, non-renewables work includes the A9 dualling project and Grangemouth Flood Alleviation Scheme.
MacArthur Green works with our clients to deliver a positive impact on the environment. We are doing this in three ways: (1) we help projects with important environmental benefits succeed; (2) we support ecological research projects important to sustainable development, and (3) we operate a carbon negative business by investing in our own native woodland planting scheme, which will also deliver biodiversity benefits.
Want to join us? Read on…
The overall objective of your role will be to work as part of our team to successfully deliver projects that have important environmental benefits – such as renewables. This will include:
- Responsibility for project management, coordination and delivery of ecology and peat projects.
- Preparation and review of Ecological Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments and technical reports.
- Preparing and coordinating tender submissions.
- Designing and managing the delivery of various types of ecological surveys.
- Managing Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) jobs.
- Line management and leadership.
- Strong experience and understanding of the environmental planning system in relation to the production of ecological impact assessments.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the European Birds and Habitats Directives and methods for assessments with regards to European Designated sites.
- Experience of undertaking or managing ECoW roles.
- Strong field survey experience.
- Strong people management & mentoring skills.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Comprehensive experience of project management and managing a diverse workload.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports and deliver them to clients on time and to budget.
- Educated to higher degree level in ecology or related subject, or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Strong IT skill including MS Word and Excel.
- Good working relationship with regulators and statutory advisors.
Salary will be dependent on experience (band salary £27,000 – £39,000). Other benefits include: Profit Share Scheme and Personal Pension Scheme.
Submission is by CV and covering letter to: Judy McKay at [email protected]
Deadline: Midday, 29th February 2020.
NO RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS PLEASE.
MacArthur Green is an equal opportunities employer. www.macarthurgreen.com