We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We’re now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
The successful applicant will have experience of designing and leading surveys, impact assessment, mitigation and producing applications for European Protected Species Licenses (EPSL).
Working closely with our team, you will undertake a variety of habitat and species surveys, produce survey reports, method statements, design mitigation strategies and provide assistance with the preparation of EPS development licences.
You will work on schemes of all sizes ranging from large infrastructure projects, bridge repair/maintenance, mixed use developments through to school/small scale housing projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a crucial role within our national ecology team, with prospects for career progression and the ability to develop to your full potential within a professional forward thinking, commercial organisation.
- Lead and undertake surveys
- Design, plan and undertake a variety of species and habitat ecological surveys (taking a lead role in areas of specific expertise
- Produce associated reports to a high quality and in line with the company standards.
- Assist with ecological mitigation design and other tasks as necessary.
- Line manage, train and mentor junior staff as a part of their professional progression/growth.
- Natural Resources Walesand/ or Natural England protected species licenses
- Applicants are expected to have an Honours degree in Ecology or a related subject, with consultancy experience or relevant vocational experience.
- Full or Associate membership (or eligibility for Associate membership as a minimum) of CIEEM or IEMA
- You will need a working knowledge of mitigation principles and environmental/wildlife legislation in relation to protected and invasive species.
- A working knowledge of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and the production of EcIA chapters for Environmental Statements.
- A working knowledge of the Habitats Regulations and the associated assessments and reports.
- A full driving licence is essential for this role and a willingness to carry out surveys during unsociable hours and at times away from the office base.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is one of the UK’s largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale.
We have 20 offices in the UK offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients – delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We work with Public and Private sector organisations to design, build and optimise their property and infrastructure assets. From inception to delivery, we apply our combined expertise to achieve more from the entire built environment. We provide a unique blend of services and expertise, working with our clients to redefine, create and deliver the infrastructure and places where people will prosper.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita through the Capita Career Progression Scheme structured approach, including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as the basic salary we also give you a company pension scheme and benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, and various private insurance schemes. You will have access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
“Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Time Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent