Outstanding Opportunity for a Senior Ecological Consultant
With over 75 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe’s leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing ecological services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries and as a result of our continued success, we require a Senior Ecological Consultant with the energy and drive to manage ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
Role: Senior Ecological Consultant
Location: Boxworth, Cambridgeshire
You will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a diverse range of ecological surveys and assessments. Your role will include:
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Undertaking Ecological Impact Assessment and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Project and client management, including the opportunity to develop own client relationships and be responsible for own projects.
- Help to achieve team sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Educated to graduate level in a relevant subject
- Have at least one protected species licence, ideally great crested newts or bats
- CIEEM membership
- Experience of bat analysis software
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- Be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets
- Have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards
- CSCS card holder
- Full driving licence and have use of a car
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Trainees will be paid at the appropriate minimum wage at the time of employment
- Overtime with Night and Weekend enhancements
- Paid accommodation and subsistence allowance (when working away)
- Access to a company vehicle.
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice.
Applications are being reviewed as received and successful candidates invited for interview.