We are recruiting for a junior role this year!
As we’re approaching the 2020 survey season, we are looking to recruit at least one full-time Seasonal Field Surveyor. Ideally this fixed term contract would be full-time and cover the months April-September, but we will also consider reduced hours or job sharing.
Further details are provided below.
Ecolocation is the ecological arm of GBa&e, a wider multi-disciplinary practice providing development consultancy, architecture, ecological services and arboricultural services. Our clients include agents for planning applications, Local Authorities, churches, commercial organisations, private individuals, etc. We’re a small but friendly office and the best bit is that the majority of our work is in the Midlands and rarely requires any working away from home.
The role of a Seasonal Field Surveyor
You will form part of our ecology team that undertake dusk and dawn bat surveys and great crested newt surveys, as well as reptile surveys and translocation during the survey season. Most of these surveys are during unsociable hours and involve late evening and early morning work but they do provide an opportunity for gaining lots of valuable experience. This is a paid position and expenses will be covered. Any additional hours will be undertaken as office-work during usual working hours Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Training on the job can be provided for the right candidate and no prior survey experience is necessary, but an enthusiasm for learning is a must!
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Enthusiasm for learning about the natural environment
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Excellent time keeping
- Previous experience of bat, newt or reptile surveys
What we can offer a Seasonal Field Surveyor
- 95% of our jobs are within commuting distance of our base; only on rare occasions will you be required to stay away overnight
- Invaluable experience for an undergraduate or recent graduate trying to gain a foothold in an ecological career
- A supportive environment in which to develop your skills through internal CPD
- Flexible working
- Provision of personal protective equipment as required
- Package of support via Employee Assistance Programme in addition to regular supervision meetings, team meetings etc.
A job description is available electronically on request.
To apply, please send a cv and covering letter by email explaining why you are suitable for the role to: [email protected]
Closing date: 12noon on Monday 2nd March
Interview date: Tuesday 17th March
- Job Role: Seasonal Field Surveyors
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Reference: LB/Ecolocation/GBa&e vacancies/2020 Field Surveyors
- Location: Warwickshire (home-based considered)
- Hours: Full time/part time/flexible – all options considered
- Position type: Fixed term April-Sept