To support the 2020 survey season, we are looking to recruit at least two (and possibly up to four) part-time seasonal field surveyors. Ideally this fixed term contract would cover the months April-September approximately.
You will form part of our ecology team that undertakes most aspects of ecological survey and assessment. These surveys often involve unsociable hours and late evening and early morning work, but they do provide an excellent opportunity for gaining lots of valuable field experience. Training on the job can be provided for the right candidate and no prior survey experience is necessary, although some experience of ecological surveying would be preferred.
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Specialism / interest in a species, group or aspect of wildlife
- CSCS card
- Protected Species survey experience
- Graduate, Qualifying or Associate member of CIEEM
- Botanical ID skills, including habitat classification (phase 1)
To apply, please upload a cv and covering letter on the Sweco careers portal.