JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. It is a leading service provider in planning and environmental consultancy and advice, supporting projects at all stages from initial conception through to construction and maintenance, across the UK and internationally.
Our Sustainable Strategies and Solutions business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilities comprise of in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East and in India.
Jacobs ecology team is one of the UKs largest most dynamic and respected ecology teams. Our Ecologists provide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base. The team works on a range of diverse, high profile projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East
The ecology team is currently over a hundred strong which means technical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professional development. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality.
We employ a number of field biologists and ecologists to assist with and undertake data collection and monitoring commitments on projects. We are now looking for field scientists to support our project commitments on a range of contract types. We are looking for seasonal ecologists across various locations including, Edinburgh, Reading, Cardiff, Croydon, Bristol, Glasgow, Southampton Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham.
- Supporting the national team of ecologists working on a variety of projects
- Survey support and logistic planning
- Ecological surveying and biological data collection
- Producing quality assured ecology deliverables
- Report Writing
- Ecology survey experience and a good field scientist
- Eligible for CIEEM membership
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- You must be a good team player with a willingness to work away from your base office.
- An honours degree in ecology or related field
- Relevant undergraduate work placements or post graduate studies
- Full CIEEM
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- An ecological specialism
- Chartered Environmentalist
- ECoW experience
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.