We have an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly organized and an excellent communicator. Reporting to the Resourcing Manager, as Resourcing Coordinator you’ll be responsible for resolving staff resourcing requirements on our projects. This role requires an ability to work at pace and under pressure, to prioritise and problem solve effectively. Thomson’s technical staff work on a diverse range of environmental projects across the UK, so a background in environmental services, particularly ecology, is advantageous, although not essential.
The role will be based out of our Guildford Head Office so the successful candidate must live within a commutable distance.
- Proactively supporting the Resourcing Manager with efficiently resourcing both full-time and casual staff to client projects in line with project requirements, budgets and company vision across a wide range of projects.
- Actively supporting and promoting a safe working environment for all staff through strategic resourcing that considers team safety at all times.
- Helping to develop new resourcing processes and systems to suit our expanding business.
- You will be actively involved in attending regular meetings with the terrestrial ecology team and your manager to support their resourcing needs.
- Providing positive, organised and efficient support to the ecology teams going out in the field.
- You will provide additional support to the wider team in other areas as priorities shift throughout the season, and as agreed with your line manager. Examples include but are not limited to, business operations, facilities support and equipment and asset management.
- Having an active input in driving innovation and new technology in the company.
Successful candidates will
- Be a strong communicator and able to engage with a variety of stakeholders
- Be organised, efficient, able to work under pressure
- Be computer literate with experience using MS Office products (primarily Word and Excel)
- Be flexible and happy to go the extra mile when required, and willing to explore tasks outside their comfort zone
- Have an interest in the natural world
Ideally you’ll also
- have a background in Ecology or environmental services
- have some experience of resourcing management
In return we can offer a competitive salary, a rewarding varied role, our company benefits, flexible working, regular company social events, career progression and great training.