PBA Applied Ecology has an opportunity for a project ecologist, based at the company offices on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. PBA was established in 2010 and has grown to become one of the UK’s most respected ecology practices. Our high-achieving team of professionals provide clients with a wide range of ecological and environmental services. PBA has a broad range of challenging projects, often based in sensitive locations, each requiring bespoke solutions. Our friendly team of ecologists requires additional support. This is a permanent full-time positio (6 month probation), with the opportunity for further progression within the business.
We are offering an attractive salary, full training and support, and a brilliant work/life environment – most
of our project locations do not require overnight stays. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable well-established passion for UK wildlife and a minimum of two years’ experience
working in a relevant profession.
Primary duties to include
- Managing and delivering projects on time and on budget to the required outcomes andquality standards.
- Working with colleagues to deliver projects, including leading and assisting with field
surveys, site inspections, client liaison, ecological engineering works and reporting.
- Managing assistant/seasonal ecologists to ensure they work to PBA standards and
contribute effectively to the business.
- Experience of managing entire small projects and/or subsidiary elements of large ecology projects.
- Proven track record of leading project and survey teams in the field.
- Evidence of ability to organise their own time and prioritise various responsibilities.
- A demonstrable interest in ecology and the natural environment.
- Evidence of excellent standards for written reports and associated outputs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that can be evidenced in previous work.
- Ability to work within a team and to deadlines.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in the ecology sector
- Aptitude and track record for delivery of habitat surveys, bat roost potential and activity surveys and / or freshwater ecology surveys.
- Engaged, enthusiastic and willing to learn, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Proficiency in standard IT and communication applications is essential.
- Have achieved a 2(i) or higher in a related degree subject.
- A good level of physical ability to undertake strenuous survey work in remote locations.
- Full driving licence.