- Principal / Senior Advisor – flexible – South East / South West – homebased
- Project Advisor – York
- REF – JSM 12076 – 12081
- Salary – £24K – £40K + Significant Bens Depending on Position & Experience
Once In A Lifetime Opportunity!!!
Can you see yourself at the forefront of Biodiversity Net Gain and Habitat Creation? This is a unique opportunity to join the firm pioneering the most innovative approach to Habitat Creation and Nature Recovery.
JSM are working in partnership with The Environment Bank as they embark on a truly unique and exciting business programme that will change the industry forever. They brought the concept of biodiversity offsetting and net gain through development, to the UK back in 2007.
We are delighted to be handling all the recruitment as they go on this incredible journey.
This is your chance to make a real difference in the sector by being a part of this pioneering approach to Biodiversity Net Gain and Natural Capital Credits, resulting in a major Habitat Creation and long-term Management programme.
Due to significant investment from the market and the forthcoming Environment Bill, The Environment Bank are creating two new Habitat teams to complement existing teams, with more to follow in the very near future; a team in the South East and a team in the South West.
We are looking for highly passionate, motivated and versatile ecology practitioners to play key roles within these new teams.
Each team consists of three staff, working in close conjunction with each other, whilst predominantly working remotely/from home.
You will be able to bring a variety of skills to the team.
Watch Professor David Hill CBE talk about The Environment Bank and roles available
Appointment to Advisor, Senior or Principal level will be subject to the extent to which you match the requirements below.
- Understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain Policy and The Biodiversity Metrics;
- Habitat/Vegetation Surveys;
- Habitat Management and Restoration knowledge and experience;
- GIS Experience;
- Ability to take a lead role within the regional team;
- Report Writing;
- Client Liaison;
- Full Driving License;
- Freethinking, solutions-based approach;
- Aptitude for commercial development of the business model;
- Attention to detail.
This will be a highly varied role that will see you taking on a multitude of responsibilities;
- Undertaking fieldwork, including site surveys and monitoring;
- Overseeing habitat creation projects;
- Liaison with various stakeholders including developers, local authorities, landowners, environmental NGO’s;
- Report writing;
- Undertaking research;
- Liaising with senior staff and other team leaders
- Mentoring and training new and junior staff;
- And much MUCH more.
Flexible, working from home with regular travel around the region as well as occasional trips to Head Office in York.
A full, valid Driver’s licence is essential.
Staff will be provided with a laptop and phone, as well as all work-related travel paid for.
Suitable Applicants will have the Following:
- Relevant industry experience, either from Consultancy, Regulator, NGO or Local Authority background.
- Passion for the environment and determination to make a real difference in the world.
- An understanding of the importance of having a commercial attitude to facilitate development of the business.
- Innovative, freethinking, determined and ambitious.
Rewards & Benefits
The Environment Bank offers a highly competitive salary along with a full range of benefits. There will also be significant scope for rapid career progression, with ongoing training and support provided.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join The Environment Bank at this pivotal time in the industry and will see you at the forefront of the market.
You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about this incredible opportunity.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org).