RSK Biocensus, an award winning CIEEM company who are a part of the RSK Group, is recruiting for a Principal / Senior Ecologist or Ecology Project Manager to join their growing UK ecology team. This role is initially permanent and full time, with part time work patterns considered in the longer term.
This role will initially be to support a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project through this season, working primarily from the client’s office in Norwich and other site offices in Norfolk. As the needs of this project (and others in the region) evolve, the role could become a hybrid role, with a mixture of flexible homeworking and site work on a variety of projects.
As an Ecologist at RSK Biocensus you can expect to get involved with management and delivery of all elements of field surveys, assessment, tender and report writing and project management
- Providing the main contact for the client, initially working from their site offices as part of their project team and providing support throughout construction and restoration
- Advising and helping coordinate all aspects of ecology relating to the project
- Supporting the ECoW team and carrying out field surveys when needed
- Writing reports, technical notes, method statements and other documents
- Liaising with technical experts on licensing, survey and mitigation requirements
- Coordinating work relating to licences for protected species
- Contributing to, and working with, the RSK’s project team, which includes a project director, project manager, finance team, resourcing team, data managers, GIS team and project coordinators to ensure that the project runs smoothly and everyone is supported.
- 1st Degree in relevant discipline or vocational qualification
- Relevant experience, preferably with large projects
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Species specific personal licences are desirable
- Full membership with CIEEM or working towards
- Abide by CIEEM’s Code of Professional Conduct.
- Working towards Chartership (CEcol unless CEnv has more relevance)
Salary and Benefits
- £31,000 – £54,000 depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Company Paid Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
- Regular training and career development
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice
#Ecology #Consultancy #environmentaljobs
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More detailed job description attached
RSK will not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies other than RSK PSL or Secondary agencies.
As a market-leading ecological consultancy, our mission is to help clients identify and manage the ecological risks affecting their operations or projects by providing pragmatic, expert advice. We have the UK’s largest ecology skills network and are constantly on the lookout for ecologists with varying levels of experience across all the ecological disciplines. We are also on the hunt for employees to provide a range of administrative and support services that keep the company wheels turning!
Whether it is working on large infrastructure developments, such as rail schemes and wind farms, or surveying for bats, badgers, and birds, our work is diverse and interesting, and always includes a range of exciting projects across the UK and beyond.
RSK Biocensus is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.