You should have a good understanding of the issues and constraints associated with working on infrastructure development projects, working in teams, managing resources and ensuring delivery.
You will have the opportunity to develop your own specialism and offer new services across the sector and motivation to become a national player in influencing the ecology market in the UK.
- Highly competent ecologist with strong UK experience (some international experience would also be an advantage)
- A degree in Ecology (or directly related subject) at a minimum of 2.i. An additional higher degree would be an advantage.
- Excellent protected species knowledge and experience; ideally a holder of a protected species licence (more licences would be an advantage) and of Natural England mitigation licences for at least one species (again, more would be an advantage) within the last 5 years
- Experience in leading on ecological inputs into large-scale projects
- Excellent experience in the UK ecological consultancy market, with a strong external-facing, client-orientated approach.
- Excellent understanding of UK nature conservation legislation.
- Experience in undertaking ecological impact assessments for EIAs
- Experience in undertaking Habitat Regulation Assessments.
- Experience within the public sector would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in winning work.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Chartered Environmentalist or Chartered Ecologist.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK.
- Full UK driving licence.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.