Most importantly you will be helping us to build a lasting and sustainable environmental business.
Be part of managing a dynamic ecology team
You will be predominantly office based however there will be a requirement to undertake site surveys and attend client meetings. As a key member of the Ecology Team, you will lead in providing technical advice to the team, undertaking quality assurance, through the checking and approving of deliverables, monitoring resources, managing budgets, project management, assisting with risk management and attending client meetings. You will also be involved in the preparation of fee estimates, proposal writing and general business development activities.
Be part of growth
This role will suit an outgoing individual who wants to be part of growth within the business in this specialist area and help support delivery of ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. You will be part of a dynamic ecology practice who work collaboratively to deliver ecological support, working together to ensure the development of its members.
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development, and regular career progression sessions.
- Chartered and a Full Member of a relevant professional institution such as CIEEM
- Experience in and enthusiasm for developing and training staff, undertaking mentoring and developing best practice approaches
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing skills, attention to detail and ability to write concise reports
- Technical experience producing and overseeing ecological assessment and reporting in a wide range of areas
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, make robust, defensible decisions and work to tight deadlines to meet client needs
- Experience of obtaining
protected species licenses and liaising with regulatory bodies to negotiate and obtain consents
- Experience in planning, assisting and delivering surveys to fulfill project requirements related to EIA, HRA, etc.
You’ll need to have:
- Full, clean driving licence and willingness to travel and occasionally undertake fieldwork in the UK
- Knowledge of wildlife legislation, including the planning process and EIA assessments
- Degree in ecology/ biology or directly related subject (minimum of 2.1 classifications)
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
Mott MacDonald has been significantly enhancing its ecological consultancy capabilities and the ecology team now has a wealth of biodiversity skills and competencies. Our nationwide team of over 100+ experienced ecologists has excellent knowledge and practical experience in delivering projects which integrate the importance of the ecological impacts and mitigations.
Could you be the technical team leader we are looking for?
We now have a vacancy to lead a team of ecologists in Bristol. The team undertakes a range of activities, including environmental impact assessment, watching briefs, protected species surveys, mitigation design and reporting. We need candidates who are able to generate respect and authority based on their sound technical knowledge supported by extensive experience.
The Bristol ecology team has core skills in botany, amphibians, mammals, and reptiles, with a strong track record of working in the water, power and highways industries. We offer a complete ecological assessment service to facilitate project delivery through meeting regulatory requirements, pushing forward best practice and innovative techniques from project inception through to construction, operation and decommissioning both in the UK and overseas.
You would become a part of an employee-owned, independent company that values its people, and that provides opportunities for social and career development. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.