Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a moreconnected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services includingscientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program – management.Our 77,000 employees in 400 locations around the world serve a broad range ofcompanies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and governmentclients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have beeninvolved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, deliveringinnovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues,from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security andsafeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
RankedNo. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World’s Most Admired Companies…
Source – http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
Jacobs ecology team is one of the UKs largest most dynamic and respected ecology teams.Our Ecologistsprovide specialist advice for the full range of projects undertaken by Jacobs, as well as servicing the needs of their own client base.The team workson arrange of diverse, high profile projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East
The ecology teamis currently over a hundred strong which means technical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professional development.
AtJacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and were looking for the most talented and passionate ecologists and field biologists to be our next generation of leaders.To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are lookingfor a Principal Ecologist for our Manchester team.The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur fora range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress
- An honours degree in ecology or related field.
- Full MIEEM.
- Eligibility for CEnv.
- Proven experience of most aspects of ecological projects.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of biodiversity legislation pertinent to the UK and Europe.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Management experience.
- High level of personal responsibility.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to different project requirements.
- Good IT skills
- Postgraduate degree.
- Protected species licence(s).
- Full current driving licence.
- Project management experience.
- An ecological specialism.
At Jacobswe see safety differently – we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ byputting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everythingwe do.
We are committed toequality across our business and we work with external organisations suchas STEM , WISE (Women in Science & Engineering)and Stonewall .Weare also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, weguarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteriafor a vacancy.
We encourage applications fromcandidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
When you join Jacobsyou will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,centredon inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at thecentre of our values.
To find out more aboutour networks, please visit our website;www.jacobs.com
Successful candidateswill be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employmentcheck and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Rightto Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable tomeet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed orrejected.
JACOBS is an EqualOpportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Primary Location United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Manchester
Req ID: BIA0005OA