- To assist the Ecology Team Manager in the management of the ecology team and delivery of projects. To take a lead role in ecology projects, assist in client care with existing clients and assist in business development with new clients.
- Duties to include ecological survey and reporting, provision of ecological advice and mitigation including protected species licensing, liaison with internal/external clients and sub-contractors. Preparation of proposals for ecological work and input into large multi-disciplinary tenders.
- Project management including financial management of projects.
- Training and mentoring of junior ecology staff as part of senior ecology team.
- Providing ecological support on projects managed throughout the UK (when required).
Outline of role & experience:
- Provide consultancy services in relation to ecology by undertaking both office and site-based work.
- Prepare and undertake ecological surveys, produce reports and advise on mitigation.
- Botanical surveys or ornithological survey experience would be extremely advantageous
- Experience of gaining/holding NE development/mitigation licences would be advantageous.
- Ecological input into EIA, EcIA, HRA and other detailed assessments.
- Project management including responsibility for delivery projects on time and within budget.
- Develop and enhance existing skills in ecology.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and experience of liaison with statutory organisations.
- Involvement in the provision of consultancy services to utility companies, Highways England, internal clients, developers and other clients or their representatives.
- Assist in/undertake proposal writing.
- Assist in general marketing on behalf of the Company and develop customer relationships.
- Support innovation and upskilling of staff on digital survey methods and GIS systems.
- Qualified to degree level, preferably to MSc level in a relevant environmental science
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (or suitably qualified to apply)
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
- Have good communication skills
- Be well presented
- Be well organised and systematic
Closing date: 18/04/2021
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged in April/May 2021
Salary range: Competitive salary, pension, life assurance, professional subscription and 25 days holiday
Further information: Applications must be received through the Sweco Application Portal on our website (www.sweco.co.uk/career/)