IKM Consulting is an award-winning civil and structural engineering and environmental consultancy, and our roots stem from projects in Development and Industrial Manufacturing. But did you know we are working on projects in Hydrogen, Renewables, & Rail Decarbonisation?
As a part of Global Energy Group Capital (GEG), we’re expanding our networks with offices in Grangemouth and Runcorn.
Our business is growing, and we have exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join, develop and grow with IKM!
We have a proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation & biodiversity and are looking for an enthusiastic individual to further their career and gain more experience in these specialist markets. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm.
- Have a proven track record in proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation and biodiversity.
- Provide a leading role in the day-to-day operation and management of the team.
- Plan, resource, implement and manage ecological surveys and assessments.
- Prepare fee proposals; manage projects and budgets.
- Produce high-quality ecological reports and working method statements.
- Prepare protected species licence applications and Species Protection Plans.
- Undertake site work, including field surveying Ecological Clerk of Works / Site Supervision, as and when required.
- Mentor, motivate and encourage the team.
- Liaise with other Discipline Principals and Associate as necessary to manage multi-disciplinary projects within IKM.
- Manage key clients.
- Pursue and develop new work opportunities for IKM.
- The role will require travel, overnight and/or out of hours work and may require working away from home.
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications:
- Competent with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Considerable experience in protected species surveying, Phase 1 habitat surveying and ecological assessment.
- Experience in protected species licence applications.
- Experience with HRA, Biodiversity Net Gain.
- In-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, survey techniques, mitigation and an enthusiasm for keeping up to date with best practice and new technologies.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- Be a member of a relevant professional institution e.g. CIEEM
What you bring to the role
- Ten or more years experience, preferably in an environmental consultancy, and with a proven record of managing project teams.
- Degree in Ecology or a related subject.
- Protected Species licence holder (Bat licence preferred).
- Rail network experience.
- GIS knowledge and experience
Career Development & Growth
IKM strongly believe in continued learning and career development, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue to pursue your professional interests in technical services or to extend your wings on the IKM Management Path through our bespoke Training & Competency Programme. As an Investor in People Gold business, we are committed to offering our staff enhanced career prospects.
What can we offer
We passionate about what we do and we’re looking for like-minded individuals. If you’re the right person for the job, we’re happy to tailor a compensation package that will fit your unique needs.
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply by sending your CV and a cover letter with details of your current remuneration to:-
HR, IKM Consulting Ltd, Park House, 39 Bo’ness Road, Grangemouth FK3 8AN or email to email@example.com