Curran Recruitment is exclusively working with Irelands leading Ecological Consultancy Scott Cawley on the following role:
Looking for a passionate, high calibre Principal Ecologist to join a dynamic exciting and growing specialist consultancy. You will be based in Scott Cawley’s offices overlooking Dublin Bay and will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of multiple national road infrastructure projects. You will lead a team of ecologist and enjoy liaising with clients, project managers and other project stakeholders.
Why join Scott Cawley?
- They have and still are at the core of some of the most important infrastructure, energy and policy developments in Ireland in the last 15 years.
- They are experiencing a huge period of growth and looking for leaders to join their dynamic specialist ecological consultancy that places its staff at the heart of business.
- Real Opportunities for progression and growth within this company
- Successfully working remotely at present
- Passionate about their people and are committed to maintaining a good work life balance
- Staff Development is a priority
- Excellent Remuneration and benefits package
- 8– 10 years plus experience in an ecological consultancy (Full or eligibility for full membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management)
- An honours degree in ecology or a related discipline (post graduate qualification highly desirable
- Experience working on road infrastructure projects
- Experienced in the oral hearing process and in the role of expert witness
- Excellent technical report writing skills, including proven track record in writing reports for EcIA and AA
- Excellent working knowledge of Irish/ UK and EU wildlife and planning legislation
- Excellent working knowledge of impact assessment and mitigation practices for large development types, in particular road infrastructure, and for European and Irish protected species
- A proven track record in implementing/management of EcIA and AA for large projects
- Excellent problem solving skills and initiative
- Strong organisational, project and time management skills (including technical, financial and quality aspects)
- Ability to critically review others work to ensure quality and accuracy of technical information
- Flexible friendly attitude and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a growing business
- Commitment to a high level of client care and service delivery
- Primary responsibility for leading and directing on the management and co-ordination of multiple projects.
- Leading and directing on the design, commissioning and scheduling of multi-disciplinary and specialist ecological surveys for sites around the island of Ireland.
- Co-ordinating, supervising and managing other ecologists
- Lead on provision of expert ecological advice and recommendations to clients in particular where risks may be posed to a project timescale or delivery, including verbal, written and face-to-face
- Providing expert witness at Oral
- Liaising with clients, project managers and other project stakeholders.
- Line managing staff, carrying out performance reviews and monitoring performance and
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of industry changes, best practice, guidelines, legislation and policy, and providing leadership on same to other staff
- Supporting the Sales Team in preparing fee proposals and
- Project financial management including meeting targets and monitoring of profitability for individual projects.
- Working as part of a team promoting the business and maintaining the company’s reputation and
- Reporting regularly to Directors on significant issues
Please call Maeve +353879066831 or Email Maeve@curranrecruitmnet.ie to arrange a confidential chat