Home-based | Salary £40,000 – £49,000 depending on experience.
Ecology Practice has been operating as an ecology consultancy since 2003. We are a small team of home-based consultants and get involved with an interesting range of projects throughout the UK, from large logistic shed builds to single-standing telecommunication masts, and everything in between!
We work with the usual suspects such as GCN and bats, but also get involved with some of our rarer species such as Schedule 1 birds, rare butterflies and protected mammals, and undertake frequent vegetation surveys for a range of upland and lowland sites within interesting habitats.
We are usually busy with loads of field surveys, planning and HRA assessments, BREEAM, Clerk of Works, and so on! See more at www.ecologypractice.co.uk.
We are increasingly busy and opportunity has arisen for a key role within our company as Principal Ecologist. This role is an instrumental, permanent position within the company. We are a friendly, informal bunch looking for a like-minded person to join our ranks on a full-time basis.
You will need:
Demonstratable experience working with UK ecology, being able to manage and mentor a team of ecologists, preparation of high-quality reports and the preparation and submission of mitigation license applications. Excellent client management skills and excellent report writing skills, including HRAs, EcIA and other mitigation licence-related reports.Experience in Biodiversity Net Gain asessements to supportt planning applications. Experience in a range of UK habitat types and vegtation communities. Prepare, review and issue quotations and be able to assist the director and office management in business
- Full Professional Institute membership e.g., CIEEM
- A degree or equivalent in Ecology or a relevant discipline.
- Protected Species Licence(s). Applications from holders of a bat licence would be particularly welcome.
- Excellent writing and computing capabilities, GIS knowledge.
- Full, UK driving licence is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience with evidence of managing small teams.
We can offer:
We provide full staff support at all times. You will be based in the UK, working from your home address:
- We encourage a work/life balance to suit your family & personal circumstances, making home working an even better choice.
- We will equip a home office including IT and will provide expenses to account for home working and travel.
- A very competitive salary, which is pensionable.
- A company truck/vehicle.
- The necessary equipment for undertaking field surveys or site work.
- Time off in lieu
- Professional training to assist with your role.
To apply, send a CV together with a covering letter, demonstrating your existing work and experience with UK ecology, and how you are suited to meet the requirements set out above, to:
Please reply no later than 27th of Feb. Interviews will be at first by Teams, with an in-person introduction should it be necessary. The successful applicant will be expected to start as soon as possible.