Join us at RPS and support a wide range of leading energy companies to plan and develop their operations worldwide.
RPS helps our clients consent and undertake environmental assessments, of major energy infrastructure projects, in the renewable (offshore wind, wave and tidal energy), transmission infrastructure, coastal/marine power generation and storage sectors. We also help our clients deliver consent for other major marine and coastal infrastructure.
Our marine consenting and ecology team has an opportunity for a talented and passionate Marine Consultant to join our established multi-disciplinary team at our Edinburgh office.
Type: Permanent, full-time
- Support and contribute to the production of a range of environmental management and consent documents
- Support project, technical and financial tasks as directed by Project Managers
- Undertake project management with supervision
- Undertake client liaison and management within core skill areas
- Assist in business development within their core skills area
- Ensure project timescales, budgets and technical quality are met
Skill, Education and Qualifications required:
- Degree qualified in a relevant marine environmental or management discipline, ideally with a higher qualification
- Understanding of the consent and licensing frameworks for offshore infrastructure in Scotland, and England & Wales
- Prior experience and capability in one or more technical areas of relevance to marine Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Previous experience of client facing projects would be beneficial
What we can offer you
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers.
Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people worldwide. We benefit from the scale of business that allows us to work on large and/or exciting projects and, at the same time, we retain the local presence in our markets which fosters positive engagement with our clients.
We strive to define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. By connecting our global expertise, we make it easy for our clients to work with us by creating a collaborative environment geared to delivering successful solutions, while respecting the communities we work in. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.