Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice. With offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds and Manchester, our teams provide: ecological advice; undertake surveys and assessments; habitat design and creation; ecological contracting; invasive species management; freshwater and marine consultancy; arboriculture consultancy and contracting; data management and mapping; and marine laboratory services (invertebrates, fish and sediment analyses).
You can find out more about the type, size and scope of the projects we work on here: https://www.thomsonec.com/projects/
You’ll be joining a company which is ambitious, progressive, rapidly growing and offers certainty in times of change. One where you play a key part in shaping the future and where you will be directly rewarded for your contributions to its growth, as we are proudly employee owned. We are constantly innovating and being opportunistic to market changes. This is demonstrated through many recent in-house development projects and the addition of climate change and biodiversity net gain to our commercial offering to our clients. It really is an exciting time to join #teamthomson!
We are looking for a full time, permanent Environmental Project Manager to be based in our head office in Guildford. The successful candidate will have flexible working with an office/home-working split based on business needs.
You will have experience of working in landscaping, ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field, with the ability to contribute to the bid and tendering process. In this role you will be managing and delivering various sized complex projects to time and client satisfaction; resourcing and line managing a site team whilst promoting compliance with all company systems and policies.
We are an ecological contractor, providing solutions to compensate for loss of habitat caused by development and building works. We design, create and enhance habitats for wildlife for a wide range of clients and provide support to ecologists when they’re working with protected species or trapping and translocating reptiles.
The type of work that our team will undertake can include but not limited to: wildlife mitigation, newt and reptile fencing to facilitate trapping and translocation prior to construction, other fencing including stock, water vole, badger and otter fencing, badger sett exclusion and artificial sett construction, brushcutting, tree felling and general vegetation clearance, soft landscaping including planting trees, shrubs, and grass seeding, invasive species mitigation including Japanese Knotweed and Himalayan Balsam management.
While working for Thomson Habitats you will be given the opportunity to work on small to large scale mitigation projects around highways, cable routes, housing, airports, rail, and many others. Every project we undertake is unique.
Successful candidates will:
- be commercial with relevant project management experience, ideally gained within the landscape, environmental, habitat management or ecological sectors.
- be organised with experience of managing large, complex projects.
- be financially adept with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget.
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office-based staff.
- have experience of developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate additional business opportunities and assist with bid and tender submissions.
- have excellent written communication skills and experience of excel.
- understand H&S legislation.
- be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car.
In return we can offer a highly competitive salary, a rewarding varied role, our company benefits, flexible working, regular company social events, career progression and great training.