A rare opportunity has arisen for a graduate to launch a career with Atmos in the environmental consultancy sector. If you have a passion for how we enable sustainable development and tackle the climate crisis and want to make a real difference to how our future world is shaped, then we want to hear from you.
As a graduate consultant you will work across a diverse range of projects assisting in the delivery of the next generation of renewable infrastructure. Full training will be given, and our mentoring system will allow you to learn from our experienced team members first-hand.
People lie at the heart of our organisational culture of innovation and openness. Your development will be supported by a multi-disciplinary team, a dedicated support team and a structured professional development programme.
Reporting to the Principal Consultant in our EIA and Consenting Team; and in collaboration with colleagues, you will play an important role in the delivery of the environmental assessment services that Atmos provides. Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Project Managers in the delivery of Environmental Assessments for clients in the renewable energy and other sectors;
- Co-ordination and management of sub-contractors delivering specialist technical services;
- Preparation of reporting templates and drafting reports (with the support of senior staff);
- Assisting the Project Manager with financial management of projects;
- Contributing to business development activities including market research and preparing tenders; and
- Assisting with survey work as needed.
We are seeking someone who is interested in a career in the environmental assessment and sustainability sector who:
- Is graduating in 2021 or has recently graduated with at least a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in a relevant subject such as:
- Environmental Science;
- Environmental Assessment;
- Town and Country Planning;
- Earth Science; or
- Other related subject.
- Has an understanding of environmental legislation and policy trends;
- Is a self-starter with an ability to take on tasks and progress under their own initiative but unafraid to seek assistance when needed;
- Has excellent written and report writing skills, and is comfortable in communicating with colleagues and clients.
The position is based in our Edinburgh office although other locations may be considered.
What we offer
- Competitive salary in line with industry benchmarks;
- Annual discretionary company performance bonus scheme;
- Generous pension scheme;
- Competitive annual leave;
- Private health care; and
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including employee assistance programme, cycle to work & tax-free childcare scheme.
- Career development, including support in achieving membership of a relevant professional organisation.
We understand the challenges of modern-day living. Atmos offers a flexible approach to our working environment that best balances the needs of our people and those of the business.
How To Apply
To apply please send your CV, with a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be in possession of a full UK driving licence.
We are proud to be an inclusive company. As such we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief.