The Delta-Simons ecology team in London is growing, responding to demand from our clients in a wide variety of sectors including aviation, commercial development and infrastructure. We are using the current trend towards biodiversity net gain to advise and influence our clients to promote the interests of nature conservation, and are looking for ecologists to build a business providing more than traditional compliance-based approaches.
As a ecologist within the team, you’ll be able to influence the direction and working culture within the wider ecology team, experiment with new methods, and have control of your training and career path, learning through our management training programmes such as the Delta-Simons Academy. Our approach is also data focussed, integrating GIS, technology and smart data collection methods into our workflow.
Delta-Simons is a leading independent provider of environmental services across the United Kingdom, and throughout the world through our membership of the Inogen consultancy network.
- Bachelor degree in relevant subject and preferably a secondary qualification ie MSc.
- Demonstration of equivalent qualification or experience.
- Desirable to be a Member of Professional Body.
Experience & Skills
- A developing knowledge of ecological site assessment works, and interpretation of results and findings of field work
- A developing working knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidance.
- With supervision and guidance, production of structured factual reports and a developing working knowledge of the production of structured interpretative reports assimilating desk study, site information and ecological survey results to provide solutions to the client’s issued as determined by the brief.
- A developing knowledge of analytical skills using computer software and technical guidance documents for the assessment of data to determine the required outcome for the project.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- Developing ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- With the support of an appropriate person at a Principal or Director grade provide solutions to technical problems and write technical reports or delivery.
- To provide clear and factually correct reports that require minimal re-writing or amendment by an authorising signatory.
- To work within and be a champion for, the company health, safety and environmental policy.
- When requested, to provide input to Company initiatives.
- To demonstrate an understanding of and comply with legislation, Company policies and procedures and work within agreed resources.
- Contribute to the achievement of Company objectives through positive working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company, with clients and with suppliers.
- To promote the Company and its services to others.
- Undertake ongoing CPD.
- To provide support and assistance to all staff as appropriate.
- Lead by example and share both knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Undertake proposal preparation with the support of an appropriate person at a Principal or Director grade.
Submission of a CV by a recruitment consultant does not constitute acceptance of the recruitment consultant’s terms of business by Delta-Simons and, unless terms have been prior agreed we will seek to negotiate reasonable terms and commission rates. We reserve the right to advise candidates when we are unable to proceed with their employment due to terms and commission rates we deem unacceptable being demanded by a recruitment consultant. Recruitment consultants are requested not to submit CVs directly to individuals in the business, the correct route is via email to [email protected], applications submitted not via this route will likely not be considered.
Delta-Simons receive a high volume of applications from Graduates and Consultants. Please be aware that for these grades we do not accept CVs from recruitment consultants unless we have specifically appointed the recruitment consultant to undertake a search.