The global leader in public transport infrastructure, SYSTRA has specialised in the mass transit and rail market since 1957. The main shareholders of SYSTRA are SNCF and RATP. Its ambition is to serve emerging needs for collective and sustainable mobility throughout the world. With a presence in 80 countries, SYSTRA manages over 3,000 projects for high-speed systems, conventional rail lines, metros and tramways throughout the world.
Main Function of Job
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Ecologist to join our growing engineering team in Birmingham. This position within our team will suit a committed and ambitious who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in growing a dynamic high performance team.
With a focus on the design of High Speed rail infrastructure they will also support other Product Lines in the UK and overseas, the post-holder will be part of a growing team of UK engineers delivering projects for a diverse portfolio of UK clients.
- Duties will involve project management the ecology for a major project from design through to delivery.
- You will be working on ecological field surveys and producing quality assured ecology deliverables; plant procurement, Ecological survey and monitoring strategies.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues from different organisations to deliver common ecological support for the project.
- Working in a diverse work place that brings together professionals from across disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions for the problems faced, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
- The role requires a mix of office- and site-based work and will involve working away from home as and when necessary, so travel flexibility and a full driving licence are important factors. The role will involve contact with external clients, the public and many internal colleagues, so good communication skills and presentation are essential.
- Issue of document transmittals and management of electronic records.
- Use of Projectwise (or similar) to manage document transfer and receipts.
- Record keeping and routine admin work as well as other duties assigned by the manager from time to time.
- Control and management of the up-to-date version of specific documents
- Routine admin work and in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by the manager from time to time.
- An important part of the role will include working with the resources across the project – from local resources to those based in the rest of the UK and Europe. This will include participating in the organisation of document control within different sites in the UK and overseas and ensuring that they are aligned with the project requirements and client expectations.
SYSTRA is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and value applications from all.