BWB Consulting are recruiting Graduate Ecologists to join our team in Nottingham.
At BWB we know from experience that talented graduates are vital to our on-going success. We are recruiting significantly more Graduates across our growing business onto our 2022 Graduate Programme, so this is a great time to join us.
“Choosing your first job after Graduation is a big decision and one you really need to get right if you’re to get the best possible start in your career” Steve Wooler, CEO, BWB
Reference: EG22 9,10,11 – Notts
Salary: £/annum + excellent benefits
Job Location: United Kingdom — Scotland — Highland — Highland — Nottingham
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021
For more information about BWB Consulting and our Graduate programme, please click here
We believe BWB is unique, our ethos guarantees you a truly rewarding experience as you embark on the next stage of your career whilst working in a fun and friendly work culture. We provide opportunities so you can collaborate at all levels helping you flourish and grow within your career. We’re passionate about supporting the next generation and harnessing the fresh perspectives they bring to our company.
We are an Investors in People Platinum standard company – A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for and a NCE Top 100 Consultancy.
BWB is a signatory to the Pledge to Net Zero initiative and is committed to achieve net zero carbon by 2050. We are committed to playing our part in tackling climate change and we recognise the significant impact the design and consultancy solutions we provide can have on carbon emissions and the environment, and as such will provide meaningful solutions and a continued commitment to pioneer change
The BWB Graduate Programme
Our Graduate Programme is the perfect place for you if you are an ambitious and passionate individual. Our programme will develop you to become a ‘complete professional’ and offer you a supportive induction programme, the opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented and respected engineers and consultants in the industry. You will receive independent mentoring, support through to Chartership and the opportunity to gain responsibility on a range of exciting projects.
Through our in-house PROpel scheme we will help you plan your career development and reach your full potential through a technical syllabus & skills development program
About the Job:
We are looking for a Graduate Ecologist be part of our new and exciting chapter. Roles and responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
- Assisting with Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and protected species surveys on a variety of sites across the UK;
- Mapping using GIS software;
- Survey data analysis;
- Assisting with Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments.
- Acting as Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW), appropriate to the grade and experience;
- Producing technical reports for a variety of clients;
- Assisting with mitigation licence applications.
- Preparing fee quotations for clients;
- Liaising with clients to answer queries;
- Engagement with stakeholders and statutory consultees; and
- The opportunity to influence the future growth and direction of the team.
BWB’s ecology team provide a variety of ecological services including Phase 1 habitat survey, UK Habitat Classification survey, Biodiversity net gain assessments, BREEAM assessments, NVC and specific protected species surveys. BWB have a commercial understanding of the ecological calendar and advise on the surveys appropriate for clients’ development programme.
We provide a pragmatic approach to all ecological problems with economical, cost-effective solutions steering the client through the opportunities and constraints presented with each unique site. Outputs include Ecological Impact Assessment, enhancement strategies, mitigation licence applications, management plans and method statements as necessary.
- A Degree/ Masters in Ecology or a related subject;
- Right to work and live in the UK;
- Keen to share your ideas about how we can do things even better ;
- Great communication skills developed through well-rounded life experience – academically, socially and in any previous work situations;
- Keen, enthusiastic, ambitious, keen to learn and progress;
- A problem solver with strong communication skills;
- Personal organisation skills, and the ability to work well within a team;
- Desire to gain Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or an existing Student/Qualifying member;
- A full UK driving licence; and
- Ideally some work experience within an ecological consultancy.
What BWB offer:
- A competitive salary, 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase more), pension, life assurance and healthcare.
- Perkbox, Cycle to Work, paid volunteering days and much more
What happens next – how do I apply?
- Please submit your CV and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role and why you want to become part of the BWB family
- Application closing date is 10th December 2021
- Screening questionnaire will be sent to applicants who are successful at the initial screening stage
- Recruitment Centre and Interviews will be held in January and February 2022
- Offers will be made to successful applicants by April 2022 for a Summer or Autumn Start 2022
BWB positively encourage applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria for the role regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender confirmation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity.