- Job: Experienced Ecologist
- Contract type: Permanent
- Organisation: Ecology Services Limited
- Location: Based in Preston, Lancashire, mainly working throughout the northwest
- Salary: 23k up to 28k dependent upon experience
- Position: Full-time
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2022 – We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and suitably qualified Ecologist to join Ecology Services Ltd. Established in 2003, we are a busy, broad-based practice, and a highly experienced professional consultancy. We work in numerous sectors for a wide range of clients and our projects are interesting and varied. The role would suit a highly motivated individual with extensive ecological survey experience, identification skills for a range of species and capable of producing clear, concise survey reports.
- Proven track record of working within an ecological consultancy
- Strong project management skills
- Willing to work regular unsocial hours, generally 2 nights per week during survey season
- Understanding of UK planning policy and wildlife legislation
- Competent in carrying out Preliminary Ecological Appraisals – Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys
- Strong fieldwork and report writing skills
- Excellent communicative, team working and organisational skills
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject
- Membership of CIEEM (Eligible for) or other body
- Full driving licence
- QGIS Mapping skills
- A valid CSCS card
- Bat class licence Level 1/2
Higher-end salary criteria:
- Expertise in at least one species/group – ornithology and bats are of particular interest
- One or more Natural England species survey licences
- Track record of completing and obtaining EPSM licences
- Strong botanical identification skills
- Excellent report writing skills and ability to edit colleagues reports and provide feedback
- Competitive rates of pay
- Use of a company vehicle when on company business
- Working in a relaxed and friendly team environment
- Payment of professional memberships such as CIEEM
- Flexible TOIL scheme
- Funded and encouraged CPD
- Hybrid working with phone and laptop provided
- Pension scheme
Working within our business, you will be supported by our friendly team of highly trained ecologists. You will be provided with excellent training opportunities, both in-house and externally and will receive annual appraisals to aid career progression. We are committed to ensuring a good work-life balance.
If you feel that you have the right experience and qualities to join our ecology team, please e-mail your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter explaining why you feel you are a suitable candidate for this role to:
Ecology Services Ltd
Agency enquires will not be considered.
For more details about Ecology Services Ltd, please refer to our website: www.ecologyservices.co.uk
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact: Lyn Eccles-Sargeant, Managing Director on 01772 614932.