Bidwells are looking for a new Environmental Associate or Partner to join our busy Rural team in Cambridge or Oxford. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage our new Natural Capital and Biodiversity Net Gain service lines, working on the creation of well managed natural habitats that provide significant environmental and social benefit to the regions.
The Rural team in Bidwells manages, consults and offers strategic advice on over 1 million acres of farmland and estates across the country, working with some of the UK’s top-performing rural businesses including individuals, trusts, colleges, charities and companies.
What You’ll Do:
You will be empowered to take the lead in developing and growing our new Natural Capital and Biodiversity Net Gain service lines within our Rural division, working alongside our Rural colleagues based in Cambridge, Oxford, Norwich and across Scotland.
- To be responsible for leading the delivery of Biodiversity Net Gain and sustainable investment initiatives for retained management clients and on professional projects for institutions and developers.
- To advise on the contractual and funding structures for high profile conservation initiatives for a range of clients including Wildlife Trusts, Local Authorities, and institutional investors.
- To work with several regionally important initiatives providing advice to large institutions and land owning clients to bring forward Biodiversity Net Gain, where you will be coordinating arrangements for the physical delivery, funding, and sale of credits.
- To act for developers in identifying and securing land for Biodiversity Net Gain provision.
- To develop new business opportunities for new and retained clients.
We will pay you competitively and give you some great benefits. These include performance related bonuses, a car allowance or company car, a pension plan, private health care, 28 days holiday, and the privilege of enjoying our perks at work scheme. We will want you to progress and make your mark in the rural sector and will do all we can to help you achieve your development goals.
Bidwells recognises the importance of developing modern working practices which enable colleagues to maximise their performance. We work in an agile way, making the best use of our space and technology to make our colleagues feel empowered to be at their best, to encourage collaboration and to support our values and culture. The role will offer the flexibility to have a balance of home working and being office based from either our Cambridge Head office or Oxford. If you are based in Oxford, you would be expected to travel to our Cambridge office as required and on those days you can make the most of our Brewery café!
We are not necessarily looking for a Rural Surveyor or Land Agent, but potentially someone with a conservation, ecology or forestry background or a broader sustainability focus. You might have a degree in ecology, conservation, forestry, natural sciences or a related subject and relevant professional experience in the ecological sector as well as good understanding of Biodiversity Net Gain and sustainable investment. We want someone who is entrepreneurial and dynamic and has good commercial awareness, as well as being articulate with strong written communication skills. You will need to be able to work well in a team that prides itself on not only its professionalism but also its energy and enthusiasm.