We are looking for ambitious individuals to take on the leadership of our Scottish Ecology Team, as we start the next exciting phase of our growth, becoming part of the 20,000-strong global Tetra Tech family.
We are looking for leaders who can play an integral part of the National Team, while growing and developing their local Regions into even more successful teams. You will report to the Senior Leadership Team, but be given the tools, contacts and operational autonomy to target key sectors clients and services, in line with our existing Blueprint for our Business.
You will have excellent technical, leadership and communication skills – alongside a keen commercial acumen – which we will support you to develop and grow, so you can pursue Business Development opportunities that build on your strengths and interests.
Those with Infrastructure, Energy, HRA and Expert Witness expertise are encouraged to apply – and we are particularly keen to meet you if you have relevant experience from both sides of the Irish border, as that would make you very well placed to lead our expansion into the Republic of Ireland.
The rest of the SLT are all ecologists and have worked hard to introduced tailored measures to improve staff retention and allow the team to fulfil their potential:
- We have 60 permanent ecologists across 12 offices, and work hard to operate as one cohesive team, minimising time away from home, maximising bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location. We also aim to get the best people work on the right projects which interest them, to deliver the highest standards.
- All our teams are successfully working remotely and flexibly at present, and our IT systems enable us to work seamlessly, so your proximity to one of our existing offices is not a barrier to joining us – we want to focus on your talents & skills, not your postcode.
- Given all grades of staff complete site visits, surveys or meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team, including for personal use.
- We work hard to encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists, so they can talk directly to our clients about all stages of a project, rather than just a niche area.
- We have bat handling licence and Chartership incentivisation schemes to thank those ecologists who spend time and effort in achieving their licence – we know it’s not easy!
- We also have an established TOIL system which allows our teams to manage their time to suit their specific personal needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role.
- We work closely with many other teams, including our own Planners, Archaeologists, Landscape Architects, Masterplanners and Engineers. With a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
If the timing’s not quite right for you, then please do still to get in touch, as we will always consider bespoke working arrangements or deferred start dates to secure the best people.
In return we offer a competitive salary, contributory pension, health cover and a range of flexible benefits including retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday (renewable annually). We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job share’s.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy / maternity.
Tetra Tech group is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.