As a part of Global Energy Group Capital (GEG), we’re expanding our networks with offices now in both Grangemouth and Runcorn.
Our business is growing, and we have exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join, develop and grow with IKM!
Our ecology roots stem from projects in Rail, Renewables, & Development.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our ecology team, developing both team capability and service offering across our expanding sectors and client base
General responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide a leading role in the day-to-day operation and management of the Ecology team
- Pursue and develop new ecology opportunities for IKM, in line with strategic objectives
- Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets for Ecology team workload.
- Liaise with other Discipline Principals and Associates as necessary to manage multi- disciplinary projects within IKM.
- Coordinate the production of high-quality ecological reports
- Manage the health and safety requirements of the Ecology team
- Manage ecological subcontractors
- Manage key clients.
- Develop technical capability of Ecology team
- Mentor, motivate and encourage the Ecology team.
- The role will require travel, overnight and/or out of hours work and may require working away from home.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation and biodiversity.
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, survey techniques, licensing, mitigation.
- A proven record of bidding and managing projects.
- A proven record of mentoring staff and developing competencies.
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date with best practice and new technologies.
- Experience developing service offerings and expanding client base.
- Twelve or more years’ experience, preferably in an environmental consultancy.
- Degree in Ecology or a related subject.
- Protected Species licences.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Relevant membership of a professional institution e.g. CIEEM.
Career Development & Growth
IKM strongly believes in continued learning and career development, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue to pursue your professional interests in technical services or to extend your wings on the IKM Management Path through our bespoke Training & Competency Programme. As an Investor in People Gold business, we are committed to offering our staff enhanced career prospects.
What can we offer
- Signing Bonus
- Flexible work patterns
- Competitive Salary
- IKM Learning & Development Programme
- Pension matching to 7%
- Option of private healthcare
- Annual Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid Professional Membership Fee
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.