LUC’s ecology team is growing; in 2019 we will provide support to a diverse portfolio of energy, transport, housing, and tourism projects, in locations ranging from the Hebrides to Central London.
We require Ecology Fieldworkers to work full-time between April and September 2019 to support our Glasgow and London-based teams. You will help with the design and delivery of a range of ecological surveys, including Phase 1 Habitat and protected species.
You will travel across the UK and nature of the role will require you to work anti-social hours and often work away from home.
This is an early career role and will offer an opportunity to experience the varied role of professional ecological consultancy. You will work closely with established members of the team, learning about all aspects of the ecologist role while developing important skills in field survey and data management.
Salary: £17k pa (plus London allowance where applicable).
You will be an enthusiastic graduate with a degree in a relevant environmental discipline. While protected species experience is preferred, you will receive full training, so a willingness to learn and explore professional ecology is of greater value.
- Have a relevant undergraduate degree;
- Have an understanding of protected species and the legislation relating to them;
- Have a full driver’s licence;
- Be a self-starter, capable of working alone or with minimal supervision, including in the field;
- Be willing to work anti-social hours, particularly in support of bat surveys; and
- Be willing to work away from home at locations across the UK.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter quoting ref 2019-16 to Jennie Williamson, HR Assistant at: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 30 April 2019.
LUC is an equal opportunities employer.