- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (with the possibility of conversion to a permanent contract for the right candidate).
- Salary from £21,000 pa (plus benefits), according to previous skills and experience.
- Full time (Anticipated start date March 2022)
Quants Environmental is an established ecological consultancy with a diverse range of clients and interesting projects. Our work spans the UK, but we are especially active across the beautiful landscapes of Yorkshire and the north of England. The successful candidate will join our friendly, hardworking team of trained ecologists, and will be fully supported to develop further by our experienced and knowledgeable senior staff.
You will be required to provide support to our team of experienced ecologists. The position will involve assisting with field and protected species surveys, initiating desk searches, drafting ecological reports, and many other elements of general applied ecological work. Day to day duties will involve a mix of field and desk-based responsibilities.
Quants Environmental is proud to have extremely capable and experienced senior staff. Therefore, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to receive invaluable hands-on training and support from working alongside our existing team members, enabling a broadening of experience in many areas of applied ecology. You will be encouraged to further your CPD, and senior colleagues will provide close mentoring to allow you to work towards obtaining Protected Species Licences. In addition, full training will be provided with regard to health and safety.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Honours degree in Ecology or a closely related subject (2:1 or higher)
- Full driving licence (with access to business use of a vehicle)
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate reports
- Well-organised attitude to self, work and clients – able to represent our Company in a professional manner
- Relevant undergraduate work placements, post graduate studies or volunteering experience, demonstrating evidence of a long-standing interest in ecology
- Willingness and ability to undertake field surveys at a variety of site locations, sometimes at short notice, often at unsociable hours and occasionally involving overnight stays away from home
- Ability to communicate well, in time building and maintaining good relations with a broad range of clients
- A pro-active, enthusiastic attitude with the ability to act on own initiative when necessary
- Membership of CIEEM
- Understanding of relevant UK legislation
- Interest in obtaining Tree Climbing qualifications
We are interested in hearing from outstanding candidates at both Assistant and Consultant Ecologist levels, with remuneration matched to existing skills and experience.
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter addressed to Andrew Westgarth (Managing Director) to:
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 28th January.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the advert early in the event of a large number of applications being received.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES TO APPLY
General enquiries are welcome by telephone to 01765 600 799, or by email to Rachel Buckley (Company Secretary): firstname.lastname@example.org
Quants Environmental is an Equal Opportunities Employer