We are looking for an Ecologist to join our well-established Ecological Consultancy company based in Stockton-on-Tees as well as our new office in Wiltshire.
You will be working on a variety of schemes ranging from national infrastructure projects (e.g. road, rail and mixed-use developments) through to schools, housing projects and private developments.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have: –
- Some relevant professional experience (a track record in ecological consultancy/ in the ecology sector)
- A technical specialism and one or more protected species licence(s), or actively working towards this.
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current wildlife legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- A genuine enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- At least a 1.2 BSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence with own transport.
You will be expected to undertake the following types of work: –
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- A variety of protected species surveys
- Extended phase one habitat surveys
- Desktop surveys
Our approach is such that we actively encourage all ecologists to learn quickly by being active from day one and by learning from the rest of the team.
We offer a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package including pension, ongoing CPD support and flexible working hours. We provide a company vehicle, fuel card and up to date ecological surveying equipment and a positive environment in which to further develop your skills.
How to apply?
Deadline for applicants is 14th February 2020. Applicants must contact the office for an application form at [email protected]