An opportunity has arisen for an experienced ecologist to join our expanding Berrys team.
This will be a senior, client-facing role in which you will have the opportunity to develop a new technical offering within the organisation.
You will work as part of our town planning team, undertaking ecological surveys, authoring technical reports and finding solutions for our clients and their development proposals. You will provide ecological expertise to consultants across the business and will be responsible for managing your own caseload of projects.
The role will also support the wider business as opportunities in the new markets of natural capital, ecosystem services and biodiversity net gain arise.
The role requires the candidate to have experience in the following areas:
- leading and managing ecological surveys
- handling field data and writing technical reports
- preparing mitigation proposals
- sharing ecological best practice with colleagues
- site supervision
- Batchelor Degree or equivalent in ecology or a related subject
- Membership of CIEEM and, ideally, experience in a consultancy environment
- Own transport with insurance for business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude to client needs and willingness to find deliverable solutions
Whilst the ideal candidate will be based at the Shrewsbury office, we will consider applicants to work from our other offices.