Would you like to support the growth of Environmental Services?
Do you have a degree in ecology and a passion for sustainability?
We have a vacancy for an experienced Ecologist for our busy Yorkshire offices to support our ecology and environment teams. You will be expected to contribute towards ecological survey and associated reporting at a variety of sites and locations across the UK, particularly in the flood risk management and rail sectors. You will also be responsible for mentoring junior staff members and inputting to bids/tenders and business development tasks. The post will involve demonstration of a high level of ecological knowledge in development of mitigation and survey strategies.
The role is in support of our existing senior ecological staff and the ideal candidate will be required to:
- Lead on and feed into Ecological Impact Assessments and Preliminary Ecological Appraisals.
- Undertake detailed ecological surveys and specialist protected species surveys.
- Prepare the ecology and nature conservation chapters of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Work with and advise teams on large, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Work on ecological mitigation strategies and their delivery on site.
- Undertake Habitats Regulations Assessments for both plans and projects.
- Support delivery of marketing initiatives.
- Undertake production of ecology tenders and project proposals.
- Contribute to the development of new best-practice principles and concepts and develop innovative solutions for clients.
This post can be based at any of our Yorkshire offices.
Please note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Programme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route.