Who we are:
Greenwillows Associates is a friendly, family-run independent ecological consultancy based near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. We have been running for 17 years.
We conduct a wide variety of protected species, arboricultural and habitat surveys across the East and South-East of England as well as providing practical habitat creation/management services. Our clients range from large utility companies, developers and architects through to schools and individual homeowners.
Why work for us?
- Most of our sites are local and within an hour or so drive from the office – you will hardly ever be required to stay away from home
- We are a small consultancy, so you get a chance to get stuck into all aspects of the business and we are flexible enough to develop the role according to your interests and specialities
- We are expanding and there is real scope for career progression to Senior level if that is something you are interested in
- We offer a generous CPD budget, paid CIEEM membership and at least one national conference attendance a year
- We aim to take TOIL as we go (ideally within a week or so) rather than letting it build up during the survey season to avoid staff burnout
- We prioritise staff welfare and our commitment to nature conservation as our core values whilst balancing this with our duty to our clients
- We have a varied portfolio of clients meaning you will often be working on a number of different projects with very different scopes (not just one big housing development or HS2!)
- We are a dog friendly office 😊
Who we are looking for:
An ecologist with:
- At least 2 years’ experience in ecological consultancy
- Demonstrable field skills including Phase 1 and protected species surveying
- A minimum of one protected species survey licence (ideally at least Level 1 GCN and/or bats or qualified to apply for these)
- At least qualifying level CIEEM membership (or eligible for) and ideally close to associate level
- Good experience of report writing- PEAs, EcIAs etc.
- ECoW experience
- Confidence to undertake extended Phase 1 surveys mostly unassisted
- A friendly, team player attitude
- Interest in taking on small-scale project management of individual sites
- A full driving licence and access to their own transport
£22k – £35,500 depending on experience
Find out more:
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in hearing more about, please contact Emma at [email protected] or on 01487 823198.
We are also interested in hearing from those with candidates with more experience than that listed, who are looking for a more senior role.