Wood are seeking experienced and driven consultant ecologists to join our well established and growing ecology team, based from the Reading office to support in the delivery of some exciting and varied projects.
- Requisition ID: 2019-67978
- Department / Discipline: Environmental
- Position Type: Staff / Permanent
- Work LocatiGB-Berkshire-Readi
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of environmental legislation and planning policy, as well as experience in designing and leading protected species surveys and delivering high-quality technical reports. You will be working closely with other members of the team and colleagues in other technical disciplines to deliver ecological support on a variety of projects across the country, with opportunities to develop project management skills, business development and assisting in training of more junior members of the team.
Skills / Qualifications
- An undergraduate ecology or related degree
- Good working knowledge of environmental legislation and planning policy
- One or more protected species licences
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Experience in designing, undertaking and leading ecological surveys for protected species and habitats, devising ecological mitigation and habitat management plans
- Experience in acting as an Ecological Clerk of Works
- Experience in writing and contributing to technical reports such as baseline reports, preliminary ecological appraisal, ecological mitigation strategies and habitat management plans
- Willingness to stay away overnight and to work away from home
- Clean, full U.K driver’s licence
- MSc or PhD in ecology or similar
- Experience in Ecological and Environmental Impact Assessments (EcIA/EIA)
- Experience in project/task management of small – mid-scale projects
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.