Plan for Ecology Ltd is a dynamic and growing CIEEM Registered Practice. We are searching for an Ecologist Project Manager to join our friendly team based at the Penryn University Campus in Cornwall. The position will involve managing small to medium sized projects from start to finish; management of sub-contractors; identifying ecological constraints, Phase 2 survey requirements and opportunities for biodiversity enhancement; habitat and species surveys; tendering and technical report writing. The successful candidate will be encouraged to undertake regular, fully funded CPD and will benefit from in-house mentoring.
Whilst the successful applicant will be based at our Penryn Campus Office in Cornwall, the project-based nature of our work means that there will be a requirement for travel throughout Cornwall, Devon and potentially further afield, with occasional overnight stays and possibly longer periods of working away from home.
(Maternity Cover – 1 year position with scope to become permanent)
Job title: Ecologist Project Manager
Benefits: Competitive Salary (dependent on experience) and generous holiday allowance
Hours: Full time (4 days per week considered) to include frequent out of hours work (evenings/ early mornings)
Duration: April/ May 2020 (start date negotiable) to April/ May 2021 (maternity cover but with possibility of becoming a permanent position)
Applicants must have/ be (Essential Requirements):
- A relevant degree qualification;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in ecological consultancy or related work;
- Excellent fieldwork skills with experience of a range of fauna and flora survey methods;
- A positive team player with self-initiative;
- A level 1 (preferably a level 2) Natural England bat licence (or be eligible);
- Experienced in using a range of bat detectors and ability to accurately analyse sonograms using Analook.
- Good knowledge of relevant environmental legislation;
- Experienced in writing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and species survey reports;
- ECoW experience;
- Be an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or above (or eligible);
- Have a full clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle;
- Hold a Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) card (or be eligible);
- Ability to design, co-ordinate and lead ecological surveys, manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Willing to work outside normal office hours;
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Preferably, candidates will also have (Desirable Requirements):
- Experience in advising on ecological/ protected species mitigation;
- A relevant post-graduate degree;
- Knowledge of wildlife licensing;
- Experience in preparing BREEAM Assessments;
- Experience in use of GIS;
- Be willing to take on administrative tasks.
Please apply by emailing your covering letter and CV to Dr Lucy Wright ([email protected]). The deadline for receipt of applications is midnight on 6th March 2020.
No agencies please.