|Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) is working in partnership with the @One Alliance in Peterborough on a design and build framework to deliver both infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects across the Anglian Water region. We are looking to recruit for a talented Ecologist to join our growing team in Peterborough.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance in Peterborough is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. It will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion across the current five year AMP6 period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The Ecologist is responsible for managing and developing the existing ecological and arboriculture frameworks, ensuring best practice and consistency in approaches to survey, assessment and mitigation strategies across the framework. Where required, provide technical expertise and guidance to the design and construction teams to enable successful and efficient delivery of schemes. The Ecologist will assist with providing strategic direction across large programmes of work, advising on relevant consenting processes and strategies.
- Build strong relationships with framework suppliers to ensure a proportionate risk based approach and consistency in its application
- Work collaboratively with the wider Enabling Team to determine ecological risks to scheme delivery
- Where required, prepare reports for internal design purposes, to support planning submissions and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Opinions
- Work in a collaborative way with design engineers, construction teams, external stakeholders and the client to deliver schemes on time, on budget and with minimal environmental impact
- Attendance at external stakeholder meetings to promote and explain proposals
- Use digital technology to drive innovation and efficiency within the Enabling Team, the wider business and local planning authorities
- Keep up to date with legislation associated with the water industry and infrastructure planning
- Provide training and guidance on ecology to the Enabling Team and wider business
|Qualifications and Training: